Tuesday, June 28, 2005

IIS7 , Seattle, etc

I'm in Seattle this week for technical preview of the next version of Microsoft's web server, IIS7. As usual, they're not committing to any release date but say it'll be about a year or so before it's available. So far, I haven't been really impressed by it. It seems their biggest objective for the release is to make it as flexible and extensible as possible - and I'd say they've accomplished that. They have also provided mechanisms that allow you to integrate managed code (i.e. code running in the .NET CLR) into the HTTP pipeline of IIS, so I guess that's kind of neato too. I still have a couple of more days to see what else they've got planned, but I'm pretty bored by the whole thing.

Seattle is a nice city, but I haven't seen the sun in 3 days. I guess that's typical. Tonight, we went to a bar near our hotel to get a beer and some food. I kept smelling something awful and couldn't quite figure out what it was. Eventually, it turned out to be our waitress. She had the worst BO ever. Pretty gross. The beer was good though.

No comments: