Thursday, July 28, 2005

Slump

I'm officially in a slump. I play hockey regularly (about once a week). I can't seem to score this season. In the spring and winter leagues, I was one of the top scorers on my team. In this summer league though, I really suck. I think I have only 1 assist in 6 or 7 games. For the most part, my team is made up of the same guys as the previous couple of leagues, and our opponents consist of the same players as well. However, I just can't put the puck in the net or make a pass to save my life. Oh well, maybe the upcoming fall/winter league will bring me better fortune.

On the bright side, the NHL is coming back this fall. I can't wait. The Penguins won the Sidney Crosby lottery, and look like they're going to get a few other strong players as well. If they can sign last year's number one pick, Evgeni Malkin (what a cry baby), they'll be pretty stacked. Mario says he's going to play another season as well, so they should be exciting to watch.

Of course, my eyes are still on the Edmonton Oilers. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of exciting news to report regarding the Oilers. They are pretty far down in the draft order, and don't have a lot of money to sign any of the many free agents that are now available in the league. They're playing in Dallas in October, so I hope to make a trip up to big-D to cheer on my team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!