Friday, October 21, 2005

Fun Project

Now that I have a Bluetooth-enabled device that can store over 1GB of music (see previous post), an idea occurred to me. Wouldn't it be cool if I could sit down in my car and have the music from my phone start playing through my car stereo?

The problem doesn't seem that difficult to solve, if you don't mind dropping about $100 on some new hardware. There are a few manufacturers out there that now make Bluetooth headphones. Conceivably, you could buy these and splice the analog lines between the Bluetooth transceiver (or internal amplifier, if the headphones have one) and redirect the analog signal to an auxiliary input of a stereo. Then, simply by pairing the phone and the "headphones", and allowing the devices to connect automatically, I should be able to get in the car, hit "Play" on the phone, and enjoy. I'm not quite to ready to drop the $100 just yet, but I'll document and blog the project if I ever decide to give it a shot.

No comments: