Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Heading home

My wife and I are leaving on Saturday for a 10 day trip back to Nova Scotia. We'll be spending most of our time in and around Halifax, which is where my wife grew up, and where we attended Dalhousie University (back then though, it was called the Technical University of Nova Scotia - it has since been amalgamated with Dalhousie, and has become the Dalhousie Faculty of Engineering). We'll also make a short visit to my hometown, Port Hawkesbury.

On our way to Port Hawkesbury,we'll pass through the little town of Antigonish, where I spent several years at my other alma mater, St. Francis Xavier University. Although it's a very small university, it has had great national success in both the academic and sporting arenas. St. FX has been selected as the top university in Canada for undergraduate studies for the past two consecutive years, and its hockey team is the reigning national champion.


No comments: