Saturday, November 27, 2004

95

Yeah, a 95. I played at Tera Vista, in a friggin' gale. The morning was a cool 10* C (50* F) when we teed off, but that wasn't the worst of it. The wind was howling at 37 km/h (23 mph), with gusts over 45 km/h (28 mph). Needless to say conditions were difficult. That's why I'm not disappointed with my 95.

As is the case with most of my golf rounds, my score could have been considerably better were it not for a couple of holes. I carded a 9 on number 2 when I put my drive in a bunker, shanked my next shot, put my approach into the water, blah blah blah. That was the only disastrous hole on the front, where I finished with 48. On the back 9, I was playing consistently until the final hole. I duck-hooked my drive on 18 out of bounds, and ended up with an 8 for a back 9 total of 47.

On the positive side of things, I birdied one of my most hated holes in all of golf - number 4. It's a 523-yard par 5 that has always given me trouble. I tamed it today and hopefully have gotten that monkey off my back.

I putted well, except for number 7, where I 4-putted! I had no other 3-putts on the day. All things considered, I am satisfied with the 95. It was not one of my best scores, but far from my worst.

1 comment:

Texas Butt Nuggett said...

You should take some lessons from J.G. I hear he's playing these days - ever since he became a "Mangler" at work...